Friday, July 24, 2009

Feeling saucy!

What do you do when life gives you mealy apples?


Make apple sauce!


Kreck here.  I don't know much, but I know how to make apple sauce.  It's become a weekly ritual for me.  All you have to do is get a bunch of apples, peel them, cut them up into small pieces and throw them in a pot with some water (a cup?) and lemon juice (a couple of tablespoons?).  I also add cinnamon (a tablespoon?) and today I added a handful of strawberries that were just about ready to leave this world.  The strawberries added a really nice flavour and colour to the apple sauce.


It cooked for about an hour, and I mashed up the apples as they softened.  You could also put the sauce in a food processor if you like it really smooth.  That's all there is to it! 
Why not use it as a sugar substitute when you're baking?

Apple sauce: It's what we eatin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment