Saturday, August 8, 2009

What We Cannin': Dill Pickles!

Canning foods has always been of interest to me. It lets you capture the taste of summer and enjoy it year round. Yesterday, I tried my hand at making dill pickles.


I used a recipe for sliced sweet dill pickles from the Bernardin Complete Book of Home Preserving. This is my go-to guide for anything to do with preserving foods. There are great tips and important safety information about home canning.

I also made some whole dill pickles. I was looking for a quick recipe for them that made a small batch, so I found one on the internet and got started.



Dill pickles are a really easy thing to make for those looking to start Home Preserving. I can't wait to try a jar!

Dill Pickles: It's What We Cannin'!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment