Saturday, August 8, 2009

Where We Eatin': Rancho Relaxo

I have wanted to try out Rancho Relaxo for a long time! They have tons of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options.

I always seem to get overwhelmed when I have more than one or two options on a menu. Eventually I narrowed it down to Potato Enchiladas (which I ordered with vegan sour cream and cheese).

To start off, we needed to do things right by getting tequila shots!


Next, I decided to go for a frozen lime margarita. It was pretty good, although next time I might go for a margarita on the rocks because the lime taste was watered down by the ice.


While we waited for our meal, we were served homemade tortilla chips and salsa. We also had time to enjoy the decor:


Next our meals arrived!


I had the potato enchiladas. They were good and very filling. It came with rice, beans and a salad. The only disappointment for me was that I didn't seem to have any of the vegan cheese and there was only a little of the soy sour cream. Other than that, the meal was great!



For "dessert" I had a mango margarita. It was very good and was almost like a smoothie. I kind of regret not getting the deep fried soy icecream on offer, but I would assume it would have a wheat-based batter of some sort.

I would definitely recommend this place!

Rancho Relaxo: It's What We Eatin'!

--Jen

Rancho Relaxo's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment