Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting My Festival On!

Yo!
I too attended the Vegetarian Food Fair with Kreck.  It was my first year going there wheat-free and I was afraid there wouldn't be much to choose from.  Surprisingly, there were many different things.  Here's my photograph rundown of what I sampled.

I hit up the food tent.  There were tons of gluten-free and wheat-free options.  There was a lot of the usual curries and rice, but this year I decided to hit up the Magic Oven.  I got this slice of pizza with a spelt crust, some zucchini chickpea soup and some tofu bites for 8 dollars.  Things are usually a little pricey at the food fair, but this was really filling so I didn't find it to be too outrageous.
Soup!
tofu bites!
They also had some gluten-free chocolate cake, although I was too full to consider that as an option.
There was a lot of prepackaged food, bars and imitation meats and I wished there were more exciting things sometimes.  However, I did pick up a few things:
These macaroons were pretty good! They were gluten-free and made with rice flour.  Let's just say that they didn't last too long...


I can't figure out how to rotate this picture, but you get the idea.  

I also picked up some of this flat bread, which I haven't tried yet, but it seems promising.
Overall, I really enjoyed hitting up the Vegetarian Food Fair.  I can't wait for next year!
--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment